httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Lucien Gentis <lucien.gen...@univ-lorraine.fr>
Subject Re: HTML entities
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2018 15:08:51 GMT
Why don't we go UTF-8 ?

I tried it on my working copy, and it seems to work :

In short, I use Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and my java version is 10.0.2,
and my locale is fr_FR.UTF-8

I edit my XML files in UTF-8 with gvim editor.

First, I had to delete Xbootclasspath option of java command in build.sh
file from the build tools in order to be able to build the doc with my
java version.

Then, I replaced all occurence of "ISO-8859-1" by "UTF-8" in following
files :

manual/style/manual.en.xsl
manual/style/manual.fr.xsl
manual/style/xsl/util/designations.xml
manual/style/xsl/list_for_prettify.xsl
manual/style/xsl/convmap.xsl
manual/style/lang/fr.xml
manual/style/lang/en.xml
manual/style/latex/latex.xsl

Yet, man pages are correctly generated, and there are no more HTML
entities in html files.

UTF-8 could be used for all langages (some use it already - ja, tr)