httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Christophe Jaillet <christophe.jail...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject Re: Tidying up 2.0/2.2 doc refs
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2018 21:13:22 GMT
Le 21/02/2018 à 17:18, William A Rowe Jr a écrit :
 > I observed <meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow">
 > in our generated http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/, but not in
 > the 2.0/ 2.2/ pages.
 >
 > Should the same apply to all historical 2.0 and 2.2 docs pages?
 >
 > Their canonical page links are already correct (-> docs/current/).

+1 for 2.0
2.0 is dead  (https://w3techs.com/technologies/details/ws-apache/2/all)

+0.9 for 2.2
Still used, but if one find doc about the 2.4 version, he can still
easily find the doc for 2.2 (the URL is explicit and the navigation
links at the top of every page heavily suggest that something else than
2.4 still exists somewhere)

Now that these docs should not be updated any-more, would it make sense
to have pre-compressed .gz or .br version served according to
Accept-Encoding?

CJ

---
Avast.