httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject r1824136, distro install docs, and CTR
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2018 13:55:39 GMT
Most of our users install from distro packages. r1824136 acknowledges
this reality, and puts distro install instructions here.

I know that there has been resistance to this in the past, which is the
only reason that I bring this up on this list at all.

We are making it too hard for people to get to the install instructions
they actually need, and, as a result, there's eleventy billion TERRIBLE
howtos on the web giving wrong instructions. Better to give a quick
one-liner, and then a link to the official documentation for those
distros, in my opinion.

--Rich