httpd-docs mailing list archives

From William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] if directive not being respected in Apache 2.4.6
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2017 16:02:09 GMT
On Jun 21, 2017 10:49, "Jacob Champion" <champion.p@gmail.com> wrote:

On 06/21/2017 08:45 AM, William A Rowe Jr wrote:

> Frankly I'd think scope should be defined as Global only,
> even though it won't error out in these other cases. For
> trunk, it would be good to lock this down and eliminate
> the legacy 'support' of Define in sections.

+1.

Very long-term, I think it would be good for all EXEC_ON_READ directives to
be distinguished by the config syntax itself. Similar to #include and
#define in C. I've been tinkering around with that a little in my spare
cycles.

++1

EXEC_ON_READ is meaningful to we devs, but not for a general audience.

'Immediate Global' or something similar?  What other 2 or 3 word caption
works to describe this well for end users researching Define, or
LoadModule, etc?