httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Jacob Champion <champio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New manual page: override class index
Date Fri, 05 May 2017 16:48:41 GMT
On 05/05/2017 01:27 AM, André Malo wrote:
> Nice idea!

Thank you!

> Is it possible to stick to standard XSLT? The idea in the past was that you
> can also show it using a simple browser, for example (i.e. not depending the
> transformation on a specific toolset).

Hmm, I hadn't realized that was still a requirement. Firefox can't
handle the DTDs, but it looks like Chromium still can?

So I didn't make the decision to use EXSLT lightly, but here are the
things I (thought I) needed:

- the ability to split up the override strings (str:split())
- the ability to join up all the override classes and get the set of the
ones that were different (set:distinct())

Once I decided I didn't know how to do those two things in any
maintainable way (I'm not an XSLT guy), I added func: and exslt: to
clean up and make things more readable. Figured I might as well make use
of Xalan if I was coupling to it anyway. :D

Any ideas on how to turn that into vanilla XSLT 1.0 are more than
welcome! (Or if you want to check in fixes directly, the backport branch
is ^/httpd/httpd/branches/trunk-override-index .) My primary goal is
zero duplication of any of the directive documentation -- the page
should index all that by itself.

--Jacob