httpd-docs mailing list archives

From William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1791807 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/conf/extra/httpd-manual.conf.in
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2017 15:23:05 GMT
On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 2:55 PM, André Malo <nd@perlig.de> wrote:
> * William A Rowe Jr wrote:
>>
>> so what is
>> your suggestion for prioritizing the most trustworthy (on our terms)
>> translation where the user-agent refuses to give one or the other a
>> higher priority?
>
> My argument is about something completely different. It's not about the
> collection of documents, it about you come to the start page, could
> theoretically automatically see the danish variant but don't because it's
> not listed at all.

So hopefully, in re-testing you observed that the danish page was served,
the lack of listing has no effect when the language is requested by the
browser -unambiguously-.

I found one edge case reviewing your concerns again, and that was the
odd case where pt-br and da were both accepted -with equal weight-,
and because they were not in the ForceDefaultLanguage list, some other
language would be elected. That was my bug.

This is now fixed by adding back pt-br, da and ru to the list. Does this
address your remaining technical concerns? If you are observing any
other problems, could you please share the reproduction case so that
I can work out any defects in mod_mime or mod_negotiation?

Cheers,

Bill