httpd-docs mailing list archives

From William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: httpd on Twitter
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2017 20:20:41 GMT
On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 1:58 PM, Luca Toscano <toscano.luca@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I would like for us to do more with Twitter to get the word out that
>> we're doing cool things, but could use some help brainstorming what
>> kinds of things we should put there. I don't think we need something
>> every day, but having something a couple of times a week seems a good
>> cadence to aim for.
>
> I would love to see something like:
>
> 1) New features announced (new modules, important improvements for existing
> ones, etc..), pointing the users to the newly created documentation (that
> would also be a nice driver to improve/create docs).

If we are discussing those that have been introduced in the 2.newest release,
that sounds great!

If we are discussing those that have been just-introduced and committed to
trunk or the 2.newest release, that's a really thorny puzzle. The founders held
to a policy that httpd wasn't published until a release vote had occured. Same
founders have reversed themselves on legal-discuss that all commits that pass
through git (we do) are considered 'published', whether they are
released or not.

For example, we had long rejected setting up nightly snaps that are 'published'
to non-{PMC}.apache.org/dev/ consumers, and at least at some point in the
foundations history, the practice of publishing 'public' nightly or incremental
snapshots to the general user community was banned.

For the ASF HTTP Project twitter stream, it seems only "published-and-released"
constitute newsworthy items.

There might be a distinct purpose to having an ASF HTTP Developers twitter
stream of what is happening here-and-now, with a twitter handle disclaimer that
all tweets represent work-in-progress and are entirely subject to change or
retraction.

Keep in mind there is an httpd tag (and an ASF-wide security tag) for
the ASF blog.
This is a good cross reference target for twitter short-links.