httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Lucien Gentis <lucien.gen...@univ-lorraine.fr>
Subject Re: http2 howto
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2017 14:55:35 GMT

Le 26/01/2017 à 11:41, Luca Toscano a écrit :
> Hello Lucien,

> <lucien.gentis@univ-lorraine.fr <mailto:lucien.gentis@univ-lorraine.fr>>:
>
>     Hello again,
>
>     2.4 branch : http2 howto has been ported from trunk, but there's
>     no link to it in http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/
>     <http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/>
>
>     trunk : http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/
>     <http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/> presents an howtos index and
>     its content below ; http2 howto is in the index, but not in the
>     list below
>
>     I think:
>
>     --- either this Howtos index is useless (its content is listed
>     below anyway), either it has to be ported to 2.4 branch
>

> Context for everybody: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/howto/
>
> I think that the summaries are nice, but the "How to index" is
> definitely misleading (at least for me). Maybe something like
> "Detailed summary" or something similar is more appropriate? Anyhow, I
> don't have a strong opinion, but it would be nice to either remove it
> from trunk or fix it and backport it to 2.4

In Sitemap, it's called "Overview" (not bad, isn't it ?)

In fact, I personally feel sitemap page better organized than
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/> although not so nice ;-)
For example, Handler and Filters docs take place in User's guide,
instead of Reference manual.
I think http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/> (same for 2.2 and 2.4) should
rather be organized like sitemap page (in terms of content , not Graphic
design)

--
Lucien GENTIS
UNIVERSITE DE LORRAINE - ESPE