httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Christophe JAILLET <christophe.jail...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject Re: Proposal: add a permanent "Bugfix checklist" section to all manual pages
Date Tue, 10 May 2016 05:16:40 GMT

> But (not directly related), in the same frame, under "Directives",
> some directive names are between < and > and some are not.
> See for example
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/en/mod/mod_authz_core.html
>
> I looked at corresponding XML file, and saw that, for example, Require
> directive section begins with <directivesynopsis>, and RequireAll
> directive section begins with <directivesynopsis type="section">

Hi Lucien,
directives which act as a "container" for other directives are displayed
with < > all over the doc (in the title of the directive's description
section, in the text itself, in the example (obviously)). These < and >
are part of the directive name and are required when used in
configuration file.
So they appear also that way in this frame.

This may look odd when they are displayed close one of the other, but I
think it is the best way to display them.

CJ