httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Luca Toscano <toscano.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: add a permanent "Bugfix checklist" section to all manual pages
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2016 19:46:09 GMT

> Hi docs@!
>
> I have been thinking a way to inform users about our best practices when
> finding inconsistencies in the docs, namely checking CHANGES and Bugzilla
> first. Most of the times occasional users (or even experienced ones) tend
> to forget where the changelog is, if httpd uses bugzilla or not, etc.. so
> it would be great in my opinion to add a "reminder" in our manual pages.
> The attached patch will add a little section in the right column (right
> below "See also") to provide the aforementioned links.
>
> Position, wording, etc.. can be changed of course, this email is only
> meant to discuss the idea. If you don't like it, just state it out loud and
> I'll drop it :)
>
> Let me know your thoughts!
>
> Luca

Restarted from the first email to avoid a quoting mess. I attached the
final patch that would basically add the "Bugfix checklist" section before
"see also" on each module's page. I wanted to restrict the scope of this
patch to the places in which occasional users will benefit more rather than
adding it to the whole documentation.

Christophe, André, Rich: if you want to review the patch it would be really
great. If anybody feels very strong against it I'll drop it.

Thanks!

Luca