httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Luca Toscano <toscano.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Proposal: add a permanent "Bugfix checklist" section to all manual pages
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2016 09:38:40 GMT
Hi docs@!

I have been thinking a way to inform users about our best practices when
finding inconsistencies in the docs, namely checking CHANGES and Bugzilla
first. Most of the times occasional users (or even experienced ones) tend
to forget where the changelog is, if httpd uses bugzilla or not, etc.. so
it would be great in my opinion to add a "reminder" in our manual pages.
The attached patch will add a little section in the right column (right
below "See also") to provide the aforementioned links.

Position, wording, etc.. can be changed of course, this email is only meant
to discuss the idea. If you don't like it, just state it out loud and I'll
drop it :)

Let me know your thoughts!

Luca