httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Luca Toscano <toscano.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: add a permanent "Bugfix checklist" section to all manual pages
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2016 08:08:36 GMT

> Le 25/04/2016 13:49, Rich Bowen a écrit :
>
>> This is great. And it'll have the side-effect that it's likely to help
>> us identify issues that have been open for ages and are either already
>> addressed, or could be addressed.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> On 04/24/2016 05:18 PM, Luca Toscano wrote:
>>
>>> New version just committed, examples:
>>>
>>> https://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/mod/mod_lua.html
>>> https://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/mod/event.html
>>>

> Nice thing !
>
> User has yet direct link to known issues, and new bug opening.
>
> Just little remarks :
>
> --- Why is HTTPD in capitals ? It's written httpd in whole doc ?

IIRC was asked on IRC as way to put the HTTPD name in evidence and to be
more consistent with naming across the docs, but I have to admit that I
haven't checked very carefully and it might be a very good point to switch
to 'httpd'. Any suggestion?

> --- "Bugfix checklist" panel does not appear in translated pages. Perhaps
> it's still to come ?

This is probably my fault, I modified only the style/lang/* files and the
synopsis.xsl thinking that it would have been enough. Am I missing
something?

> --- In mod_lua, "Comments" appears as an item of "Bugfix checklist", but
> in event, it appears as an item of "See also"

Very good point, I noticed the same inconsistency. This is due to the fact
that sometimes comments are under See Also, meanwhile other times are left
alone. I thought it was clear with the extra space that comments wasn't
belonging to the Bugfix checklist, but there is definitely the space for
some extra improvement in the doc. What do you think about fixing this as
follow up?

Thanks a lot for the feedback!

Luca