httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: add a permanent "Bugfix checklist" section to all manual pages
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2016 13:43:15 GMT

On 04/26/2016 03:08 AM, Luca Toscano wrote:
>     --- Why is HTTPD in capitals ? It's written httpd in whole doc ?
>

> IIRC was asked on IRC as way to put the HTTPD name in evidence and to be
> more consistent with naming across the docs, but I have to admit that I
> haven't checked very carefully and it might be a very good point to
> switch to 'httpd'. Any suggestion?

I believe that if you look through the archives, you'll find that Roy
has definite opinions on this. :-)

httpd is the name of the executable file.

The project is named 'The Apache HTTP Server Project' according to the
main website. Also:

The Apache HTTP Server ("httpd")

and

Apache httpd

I don't think we use HTTPD anywhere. Also, don't use HTTPd. That's just
poking the bear.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon