httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: add a permanent "Bugfix checklist" section to all manual pages
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2016 12:47:02 GMT

On 04/12/2016 12:57 PM, Christophe JAILLET wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't think it would be the right place for that.
> When I'm looking for some doc, I'm not looking for changelog or bug reports.
> I expect the doc to be up-to-date and to have compatibility notes when
> needed (new functionality, changed behavior...)

The trouble is that "up to date" means very different things for
different people. Folks that are running a third-party distribution of
the server often think that they are up to date when they are not, by
some other definition.

Based on conversations on IRC, and the kinds of questions people ask, I
think this would be really useful information.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon