httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: Proposal: add a permanent "Bugfix checklist" section to all manual pages
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2016 12:53:24 GMT
Hi Luca,

* Luca Toscano wrote:

> Hi docs@!
>
> I have been thinking a way to inform users about our best practices when
> finding inconsistencies in the docs, namely checking CHANGES and Bugzilla
> first. Most of the times occasional users (or even experienced ones) tend
> to forget where the changelog is, if httpd uses bugzilla or not, etc.. so
> it would be great in my opinion to add a "reminder" in our manual pages.
> The attached patch will add a little section in the right column (right
> below "See also") to provide the aforementioned links.
>
> Position, wording, etc.. can be changed of course, this email is only meant
> to discuss the idea. If you don't like it, just state it out loud and I'll
> drop it :)

I think, it's a good idea.

Technical notes:

- please separate space changes from functional changes
- you need to put the message into all language files
- please use the version entities for the version

Thanks!
--
Already I've seen people (really!) write web URLs in the form:
http:\\some.site.somewhere