httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Luca Toscano <toscano.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updated ES Translation to actual head.
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2016 07:30:42 GMT
Hi Yann,

> Thanks Luis, looks good, committed in r1737042.
> I couldn't find any reference to the reviewer, Sergio Ramos, in any
> previous commit, is he already a contributor of the existing spanish
> translation?

I think that we have a chicken/egg situation with people interested in
translations: we set a very reasonable quality bar (review requested) but
we don't have enough reviewers among committers to provide a quick
feedback. It has been discussed several times and we are still a bit slow
in processing translation patches, potentially driving away talented people
that wants to work for the httpd project.

We could reach the compromise of accepting reviewers external to the
project stating it clearly with a banner on top of the translated pages, or
maybe just a note somewhere in http://httpd.apache.org/docs.

Luca