httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Luis Gil <ljgbpfeif...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Updated ES Translation to actual head.
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2016 08:04:18 GMT
El 30/3/2016 9:30, "Luca Toscano" <toscano.luca@gmail.com> escribió:

> Hi Yann,

>> Thanks Luis, looks good, committed in r1737042.
>> I couldn't find any reference to the reviewer, Sergio Ramos, in any
>> previous commit, is he already a contributor of the existing spanish
>> translation?
>

> I think that we have a chicken/egg situation with people interested in
translations: we set a very reasonable quality bar (review requested) but
we don't have enough reviewers among committers to provide a quick
feedback. It has been discussed several times and we are still a bit slow
in processing translation patches, potentially driving away talented people
that wants to work for the httpd project.

> We could reach the compromise of accepting reviewers external to the
project stating it clearly with a banner on top of the translated pages, or
maybe just a note somewhere in http://httpd.apache.org/docs.

El 29/3/2016 22:52, "Yann Ylavic" <ylavic.dev@gmail.com> escribió:

> On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 10:36 PM, Yann Ylavic <ylavic.dev@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > Please next time, provide some patches (diffs) relative to the
> > existing trunk sources, it's easier to review and it also allows to
> > detect any change between your proposed version and the one in the
> > repository (either because there was a change in the meantime, or your
> > reference was outdated).
>
> Also (and sorry for being a bit picky :p ), we try to keep source
> files (including xml ones) lines under the 80 characters limit, which
> also helps readabilty.
> This is not an overly strict rule though, some URLs or references may
> inevitably not fit, that's a good practice for shared contributions.
> If you could apply this for next submissions (and ideally provide a
> patch for the existing lines which exceed this limit :), it would be
> really great.
>

> > Nice work, thanks again.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Yann.

Hello Yann:
I'm sorry if I left some of the lines with more than 80, I know about it in
a previous  email, and I tried to be careful not to overpass  that limit
but I can see I left some :/
It won't be any problem  on the next patches
Thank you for the commit and the feedback.
He Is a friend if mine he just reviewed the files, he's not in the project.

I agree with Luca the actual translation process is very slow, in my point
of view.

Have a nice day @docs