httpd-docs mailing list archives

From William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: translating English to Japanese
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2016 23:50:10 GMT
On Mar 7, 2016 12:28 PM, "Kazuki Aranami" <kazuki.aranami@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi William,
>
> > Please share the license terms and conditions granted
> > by www.transifex.com for OSS, so we may evalute this?
>
> This Web site is a translation-only pay site. Translation dedicated
> tool can also be used.
> Then, if the OSS of the project, this Web site, you can use free of
charge.

> I, is the project leader. Project members also, you can increase.
> Is such a thing to use the Web site, the rule violation?

It will entirely depend on the terms and conditions of the translation tool
(be it a program, or web service, etc).

If the license terms of the tool are compatible with the Apache License,
use of such tools is encouraged as long as the quality of the translation
is up to par (or the results are significantly corrected.)

If the terms are not compatible (additional restrictions, for example),
then the specific tool cannot be used.

That's why I asked for a pointer to the license that service applies to the
translated output of the tool you wish to use.

Cheers,

Bill