httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Tim Bannister <is...@c8h10n4o2.org.uk>
Subject Re: balancer-manager docs
Date Sun, 14 Feb 2016 18:43:10 GMT
On 9 Feb 2016, at 17:55, Tim Bannister <isoma@c8h10n4o2.org.uk> wrote:

> The module pages can document the module; I think that's appropriate for reference documentation.
>
> What's missing is more of a “how do I set up X” guide. I think the topics could be:
>
> • forward proxy (and access control) with or without cacheing
> • reverse proxy with or without cacheing
> • balancing and high availability for reverse proxies
>
> I think this is me volunteering to at least draft some text, if people agree this approach
makes sense.

Draft attached. I hope it's useful.

I've not been able to get the docs build to work (having only tried it today), and my limited
previous experience with Ant makes me suspect if it's not a quick fix it's going to be a much
longer haul. I know the XML is valid, I don't know what it might look like post-transformation.

Also, there is no images/forward-proxy-arch.svg – I just put that in as a placeholder.

Tim