httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Lucien Gentis <lucien.gen...@univ-lorraine.fr>
Subject Re: Accents
Date Sat, 23 Jan 2016 17:13:50 GMT
Hello Luis and all at doc@apache,

Hope you have a good weekend !

I finally found a solution to get rid of these HTML entities :

All xml files (for example env.xml.fr) must have same effective encoding
as their first line indicate (for example <?xml version="1.0"
encoding="UTF-8" ?>).

This could appear as evident, but for me, it was not the case.

Additionally, as André Malo said, <charset> field in lang files
(es.xml,...) controls output encoding of HTML files (env.html.fr,...)
via "bootstrap"option of the build command.

For summary, here are the parameters to get rid of HTML entities :

--- If XML file encoding is UTF-8 , its header must be : <?xml
version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
--- If you want rewrite your lang file (fr.xml,...) without HTML
entities and if its encoding is UTF-8, its header must be : <?xml
version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

Finally, output HTML files encoding is controlled by manual.fr.xsl,
itself controlled by <charset> field of fr.xml : If <charset> field of
fr.xml contains "UTF-8", manual.fr.xsl will also contain "UTF-8" in its
"output method" field and its variable "output-encoding", and output
HTML files encoding will be UTF-8.

Regards

Lucien