httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Lucien Gentis <lucien.gen...@univ-lorraine.fr>
Subject Re: Accents
Date Mon, 18 Jan 2016 12:28:05 GMT
Le 18/01/2016 12:12, André Malo a écrit :
> * Lucien Gentis wrote:
>
>> So, does it mean that we don't need anymore to replace accented
>> characters by their equivalent HTML entitites if we set
>> <charset>UTF-8</charset> in es.xml, and build the doc with "bootstrap"
>> option  ?
> I'm not sure I get the question right. This is about the output encoding of
> the transformation. You're talking about the encoding of the xml source
> files, right?
> If the latter you can choose whatever input encoding you want by placing it
> into the XML declaration of the source file. Right now the *.xml.es files do
> not have an encoding declared, which means, they fall back to utf-8 anyway.
>
> Cheers,
> nd

I only wanted to know if there was a way to enter accented characters in
xml source files without having to replace them by their equivalent HTML
entities in order they display correctly in html generated files.

I checked that with bind.xml.fr in my local svn source tree, but it
didn't work, but what you say above point at the header of the xml
source files :
The one of bind.xml.fr is <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>,
and my text editor encoding is UTF-8.
Here is perhaps the solution.

I'll try to modify this header when I'll be at home . . .

Cheers

Lucien

--
Lucien GENTIS