httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Lucien Gentis <lucien.gen...@univ-lorraine.fr>
Subject Re: Accents
Date Fri, 15 Jan 2016 09:44:21 GMT
Hello Luis,

I am Lucien Gentis, working on french translation project.

fr.xml file headers are the same as those of es.xml

I noticed that if we edit xml files in UTF8 encoding, we don't need to
use HTML entities ; accented characters can be written directly, and
they are displayed in HTML files with encoding specified in lang file
header (for example ISO-8859-1 for es.xml, UTF-8 for ja.xml, EUC-KR for
ko.xml).

Points to verify :

--- What character encoding do you use in your text editor and what text
editor do you use ?
     For me : vim-gtk, UTF8 encoding
--- What charset did you specified in your es.xml when you changed it ?
--- You say "i have tried yesterday to change the charset of the
/style/lang/es.xml to see  if it generates the html" : what html file do
you mean ?
--- When you display generated HTML file (a httpd doc manual page, I
suppose), what browser do you use, and what character encoding does it
detect ?
     For me : Firefox or IE : character encoding specified in lang file
header is automatically detected.

Lucien

--
Lucien GENTIS