httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Mike Rumph <mike.ru...@oracle.com>
Subject ProxyPassReverse documentation question
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2015 12:20:12 GMT
While doing a grammar review of the mod_proxy documentation,
I came across the following excerpt in the ProxyPassReverse Directive
section:

Note that this |ProxyPassReverse| directive can also be used in
conjunction with the proxy pass-through feature (|RewriteRule ... [P]|)
from |mod_rewrite
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/mod/mod_rewrite.html>| because it
doesn't depend on a corresponding |ProxyPass
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypass>|
directive.

- http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypassreverse
- http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/mod/mod_rewrite.html#rewriterule

But the RewriteRule documentation includes the following two table entries:

- proxy|P:  Force the substitution URL to be internally sent as a proxy
request.
- passthrough|PT:  Forces the resulting URI to be passed back to the URL
mapping engine for processing of other URI-to-filename translators, such
as |Alias| or |Redirect|.

So does the RewriteRule example in the ProxyPassReverse documentation
need to be changed to [PT],
or is the [P] correct and the description (the proxy pass-through
feature) needs to be worded differently?

Also, I see dictionary entries for "passthrough" as well as
"pass-through" and "pass through".
Which of these is the best for our purpose?

- http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/passthrough
- http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/pass-through
- http://www.thefreedictionary.com/pass+through

Thanks,