httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Lucien GENTIS <lucien.gen...@univ-lorraine.fr>
Subject Re: HTML entities
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2015 15:08:32 GMT
Le 15/06/2015 15:10, André Malo a écrit :
> * Lucien Gentis wrote:
>
>> Hi to all,
>>
>> Since we use Unicode in XML files, do we still need to replace
>> accentuated characters like é or è by HTML entities ?
> I'd prefer to leave that a translator's group's decision. The editor problem
> is still present (it's also independent from locale, editors usually do not
> care about that, apart from filenames, sometimes).
>
> nd

What do you mean by "The editor problem is still present" ?

If a committer uses Latin-1 in his editor, I suppose he (or she) mostly
edit english files, or files in his own language ; so he probably won't
have problem displaying accentuated characters.

I personally use gvim editor (vim-gtk) under Ubuntu 14.04, and even if
its encoding setting is independent from locale, its default encoding is
UTF8. So I only wanted to know if writing directly accentuated
characters without replacing them by HTML entities could cause a problem
with the build process, or somewhat . . .

--
Lucien GENTIS
UNIVERSITE DE LORRAINE - ESPE

Tél. 03 83 17 68 42