httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Tim Bannister <is...@jellybaby.net>
Subject Re: Change of web site layout
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2014 20:06:11 GMT

discussion. I based this, as you may well have guessed, on the design and styles used at http://www.apache.org/

>> This mockup mentions the #1 position and the 1 years but in its own way.
>
> I like the idea of putting versions into tabs instead of littering the front page with
a lot of useless text that you may or may not want to read. We should be pushing 2.4, and
as such, that should be the first thing any user sees (they can then click on the 2.2 tab
to see 2.2 news :p).

My thoughts too.

I think http://httpd.apache.pw/index2 is about right. To borrow a phrase, I believe in rough
consensus and working markup. If we can agree on this as a workable initial design we can
move on to other work (the docs overview page, in particular).

My web design skills are mostly a decade out of date, but I'd like to contribute if I can.

--
Tim Bannister – isoma@jellybaby.net