httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Lucien Gentis <lucien.gen...@univ-lorraine.fr>
Subject Re: curious
Date Sat, 13 Jul 2013 14:41:08 GMT
Le 12/07/2013 17:04, Eric Covener a écrit :
> On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 10:52 AM, Lucien Gentis
> <lucien.gentis@univ-lorraine.fr> wrote:
>> Yes, most people have no interest to manual feedback, and they must write to
>> the users mailing list
>>
>> So I tried to follow the notice that says : "Questions on how to manage the
>> Apache HTTP Server should be directed at either our IRC channel, #httpd, on
>> Freenode, or sent to our mailing lists"
>> I click on "Mailing Lists" and arrive at
>> "http://httpd.apache.org/lists.html"
>> Here, I click on "User Support and Discussion"
>> And here, no link to write to the list, nor subscribing to it
> For some reason, there is a confusing pair of links to English and
> German where the real content is. I think English should just be
> in-line there, or we should have a duplicated table for the
> subscribe/etc under the English link  Maybe it was emphasized better
> before the conversion to markdown?

And effectively, if you click yet on "English list
<http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html>", you get all informations needed.

So, (and it's just a suggestion),  I think page
http://httpd.apache.org/lists.html#http-users should contain a table in
the same style as the other lists :

Volume: 	Very low
Subscription address: 	users-subscribe@httpd.apache.org
<mailto:announce-subscribe@httpd.apache.org>
Getting help with the list: 	users-help@httpd.apache.org
<mailto:announce-help@httpd.apache.org>
Archives: 	ASF archives
<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-announce/>, mbox files
<http://httpd.apache.org/mail/announce/>, MARC archives
<http://marc.info/?l=apache-httpd-announce>

after the phrase "The lists and discussion groups listed here are the
*only* place that configuration and how-to questions belong, ever. Every
day, users become frustrated, not with Apache, but with how nobody will
help them understand how to get started. 95% of the time, it's not for
lack of helpers, but for lack of effort and well stated questions."

(with a link to German list that should contain a table in the same style