httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Daniel Gruno <>
Subject Re: End of life for 2.0 documentation?
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2012 17:32:32 GMT
On 07/14/2012 02:38 PM, Tim Bannister wrote:
> On 13 Jul 2012, at 20:31, Daniel Gruno wrote:
>> I take it then, that no one would be terribly upset if I added a
>> canonical reference in the 2.0 branch to the 2.2 branch. I think
>> pointing to 2.4 at this point would most likely just confuse both people
>> and the search engines, since so much has changed since 2.0.
> There might be a Link: relation type that means “superseded by”. 2.0 was superseded
by 2.2, 2.2 by 2.4, etc.
> I'll have a look. It costs little to add, and somebody or some bot might find it useful.
Yes, that's exactly what the canonical link type does, and that's what
I've implemented in the 2.0 docs.

I am happy to report that, thanks to those links, Google now lists the
2.2 documentation instead of 2.0 when searching for common issues or

With regards,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message