httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Vincent de Lau" <vinc...@delau.nl>
Subject RE: Problems With Doc Build Target "latex-en"
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2012 13:42:36 GMT
> Van: Tom Browder [mailto:tom.browder@gmail.com]
>
> If my assumptions are correct (including that the source docs are in
> project-specific xml), then maybe, using current apache source docs xml,
> which seem to produce great html with the current stylesheets, it's
> worth looking into a Pandoc solution:
>
>   # the existing flow, makes excellent html IMHO
>   apache-doc.xml => apache-doc.html
>
>   # NEW flow
>   Pandoc <= apache-doc.html => apache-doc.tex
>
>   # existing flow
>   pdflatex apache-doc.tex => apache-doc.
>
> It would replace the current xml => latex stylesheets and it may result
> in a better translation.

I'm not sure why you'd want to use the HTML files or Pandoc to generate a
tex file and convert that into a PDF. The XML files are very structured and
would allow for nice cross-references.

I'd propose to use XML -> XML FO -> PDF, instead of the current XML -> Latex
-> PDF.

Regards,

Vincent de Lau
 vincent@delau.nl