httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Kyle Hamilton" <kya...@kyanha.net>
Subject Re: Comments in docs
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 00:13:06 GMT

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 1:17 PM, Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> wrote:

>> Is it possible to integrate different languages? (And how do we moderate
>> those?)
>>

> I expect people can post in any language. We can then use google translate
> to moderate them. That usually works well enough to understand the intent.

The best way to ensure that one has a useful Google translation is to substitute to the intended
language, then translate back from the intended to the original language.  If the idea translated
back out is close to the intended statement, it's probably fine.  If not, there will likely
be major communications issues, and should be reworded.

To put this in practice while writing documentation comments, perhaps have a secondary window/iframe/whatever
that shows the output of translating xx -> en -> xx.  When the writer accepts it, save/post
both the original xx and the en transform.

-Kyle H