httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Nóirín Plunkett <noi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal to move docs to Apache CMS
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 22:13:16 GMT
On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 3:07 PM, André Malo <nd@perlig.de> wrote:
> * Nóirín Plunkett wrote:
>
>> > [1] *Sigh* I'm wondering, why so many people here don't know about OUR
>> >    docs-project pages.
>>
>> They're hard to find. Even when I know they exist, I can't find them.
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/ is always a good starting point. Then one navigates
> on the left side to Subprojects/Docs. Done. "How to get Involved" is what
> you're looking for. [1]

Damn. Because this one looks at the bold "Documentation" link that's
above the fold, clicks there, keeps navigating on for a bit and can't
find what she wants. I'm glad that you're able to find them, but
Subprojects isn't a heading that makes me think "oh, yeah, that's how
I contribute" or even "oh, yeah, documentation", and when clicking on
"Documentation" has failed, the plain, below-the-fold "Docs" link is
not where I go.

> Sorry, if that's too hard.
> But these are our pages. If you want to improve those, it's welcome, too.

Frankly, given my limited time and energy, yes that is too hard to get
my contributions.

> [1] as for googling about how it works:
>
> https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=apache+docs+transformation
> https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=httpd+docs+transformation

"transformation" is not a word I would ever think to include in my
search. Maybe I'm just not who you want contributing to the docs?

Noirin