httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Tim Bannister <is...@jellybaby.net>
Subject Re: Comment system, take two and a half
Date Sun, 27 May 2012 22:36:42 GMT
On 27 May 2012, at 23:20, Daniel Gruno wrote:

> - When this moves to 2.4 and possibly 2.2, should we keep each branch separate, or should
we unify it? That is, should f.x. core.html show the same comments for 2.2, 2.4 and trunk
combined, or should they be kept separate?

> I'm leaning towards the latter myself, as a lot of pages really have changed quite a
bit, and it'd become confusing if someone is suddenly commenting on a 2.2 issue and it shows
up in the 2.4 docs.

I like the idea of keeping them separate.

For each new branch, it would be nice to have a way for someone to bring over a filtered set
of the existing comments that are still relevant. I think that would actually get used —
it's a task you can do without knowing much about how the httpd project works.

--
Tim Bannister – isoma@jellybaby.net