httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Lucien Gentis <lucien.gen...@medecine.uhp-nancy.fr>
Subject Re: [Httpd Wiki] Update of "DocsCommentSystem" by DanielGruno
Date Wed, 23 May 2012 07:26:27 GMT
Hello everybody,

Le 23 mai 2012 à 06:28, Apache Wiki a écrit :

>  == Questions for further discussion ==
>   * Should translations have their own separate discussion threads, or should they show
the same thread as the English version?

A few days ago, httpd comment system was compared to PHP docs comment system.

Just a few remarks :

--- all PHP docs comments are in english and are the same in all translated pages : I should
have rather seen french comments in french pages, turkish comments in turkish pages . . .
, but on the other hand, if there is only one thread (in english) for each comment, it could
be seen in all translated pages by all readers, which, I think, would be better for content
related comments, but not for comments about a translation problem, for example.
Could it be possible for a 'commenter' to make a choice between adding his/her comment only
for the considered page, or for all languages pages ?

--- when someone tries to add a comment in PHP docs, a new page appears, containing explanations
about what may or may not be written in comments. Not bad ?

Regards

Lucien

Lucien Gentis
SIRET