httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Lucien Gentis <lucien.gen...@medecine.uhp-nancy.fr>
Subject Re: Comment system, take two and a half
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 08:28:14 GMT

Le 28 mai 2012 à 00:20, Daniel Gruno a écrit :

> Most of the kinks in the new comment system have now been sorted, as has
> most of the question on the actual implementation of it. However, a few
> questions remain, that I'd like some input on if possible:
>
> - Should we keep the various translations separate, or should it be one
> unified commentary? i.e. should the French pages separate comments from
> the English pages, or should they all just roll with the same comments?
>
> We could insist that all comments be made in English unless they are
> related to a specific translations, and as long as we keep the
> translations up to date with the suggestions and delete comments as they
> are implemented, there shouldn't be much clutter.

I suggest this, if it technically possible :

- All comments posted in english pages are related to the content of the doc itself, so all
localized pages are concerned by this comment and should display it (same as PHP doc)

- When a comment is posted in a localized page, like Daniel says, "insist that all comments
be made in English unless they are related to a specific translations", but also that,   if
commenter wishes his/her comment to be displayed in all pages, it has to be written in english,
and posted in the english page, and that if the comment is posted in the current page, in
the relevant language, it will only be displayed in this current page

Lucien Gentis
SIRET
Faculté de Médecine - Nancy
lucien.gentis@univ-lorraine.fr