httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Daniel Gruno <rum...@cord.dk>
Subject Re: [Httpd Wiki] Update of "DocsCommentSystem" by DanielGruno
Date Wed, 23 May 2012 07:40:10 GMT
On 05/23/2012 09:26 AM, Lucien Gentis wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> Le 23 mai 2012 à 06:28, Apache Wiki a écrit :
>

>>  == Questions for further discussion ==
>>   * Should translations have their own separate discussion threads,
>> or should they show the same thread as the English version?
>
> A few days ago, httpd comment system was compared to PHP docs comment
> system.
>
> Just a few remarks :
>
> --- all PHP docs comments are in english and are the same in all
> translated pages : I should have rather seen french comments in french
> pages, turkish comments in turkish pages . . . , but on the other
> hand, if there is only one thread (in english) for each comment, it
> could be seen in all translated pages by all readers, which, I think,
> would be better for content related comments, but not for comments
> about a translation problem, for example.
> Could it be possible for a 'commenter' to make a choice between adding
> his/her comment only for the considered page, or for all languages pages ?
Everything is possible on the Interweb, but I think this might be a tad
complex.
As Rich pointed out, we will most likely be deleting comments if they
are implemented, invalid or off-topic, so I don't think that having
people remark on translations will be that big an issue.
Regardless, I think we need to have the comment system play out before
we can make any final judgement on this, as we (or I at least) don't
know if this will be an issue at all or not.

> --- when someone tries to add a comment in PHP docs, a new page
> appears, containing explanations about what may or may not be written
> in comments. Not bad ?

I have already added a notice that explains a bit about what the
comments section is intended for. If this is not enough, then I'll
figure out some way to add some additional info inside the comment
system itself.

With regards,
Daniel.