httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Daniel Gruno <rum...@cord.dk>
Subject Re: Comments in docs
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 19:55:02 GMT
On 03-05-2012 19:07, Igor Galić wrote:

> I'm pretty and sure that the disqus offers these things as well.
> And while I know that it's not the Apache Way, because, it wasn't
> invented here, I'm pretty sure it's a good idea to experiment with
> something that already exists, because we invent and roll our own
> wheel http://gallery.bomelakiesie.co.za/albums/funny/cisco_wheel.jpg

I've set up a small test for the Disqus way of approaching this subject,
located at the bottom of
http://www.humbedooh.com/apache/mod_asis.html.en - it actually
integrates quite well with the documentation.

As for moderations, we would have a lot of options, such as allowing
people to comment unmoderated, but require that comments with links in
them are approved first, or we could be as strict as possible and
require that everything gets approved before it's shown. There are also
some nice anti-spam features that allows us to control who gets to post
what and where, as well as threaded discussions, per-page discussions
and so forth and so forth.

Give it a test spin :) I'm liking it more and more.

With regards,
Daniel.