httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Daniel Gruno <rum...@cord.dk>
Subject Re: Syntax Highlighting, part 2
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 13:58:58 GMT
On 03-05-2012 15:49, Lucien Gentis wrote:

> Just a question : is there a way to automate the update process of
> add/replace <highlight> tags in xml files ?
> (something like replacing all <example> tags by <highlight> tags)
> But all <example> tags are not replaced, when there's a title,
> <highlight> tag is added . . .
>
> I'm just beginning updating trunk branch, and I don't know when I'll be
> finished !
>
> So, if we must make again the same work for 2.4 branch, I don't know if
> I'll reach the end during my current life.
>
> Lucien

Oh, it was a pain in the bee-hind for me to transform all the docs as
well ;) I found that I could automate a lot of it using multi-line
regexp edits with UltraEdit, but in the end, most of it is just plain
old grunt work, especially because people tend to put silly titles in
the examples, "Example" being the dominant title of examples...d'uh.

As for the 2.4 branch, I suspect we'll be directly backporting most of
the stuff we have in trunk right now, since most of what we have in
trunk is what we should have in 2.4 by now. So I wouldn't be too worried
about how much work porting it to 2.4 will be.

With regards,
Daniel.