httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Lucien Gentis <>
Subject Re: Syntax Highlighting, part 2
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 13:49:16 GMT
Le 01/05/12 18:20, Daniel Gruno a écrit :
> Hello docs@,
> I have read the responses from people on both the mailing list, off it,
> and via other channels, as well as made a small non-scientific survey
> among the users@ people that showed a big approval (93%) of adding
> highlighting to the documentation, and it makes me quite happy that
> people are enthusiastic about this project and the proposed changes.
> I would therefor like to propose, that we apply these changes to the 2.4
> branch as well, so the community can benefit from this highlighting when
> visiting /current/. It is my belief that it would ease the process of
> reading example configurations and source code, enabling users to
> quickly get the information they need, without having to "mentally
> highlight" it themselves.
> As we have a certain saying about our mailing lists, I would ask that
> people that are both for and against this speak up on this list, so we
> can see if there is a general consensus for backporting these changes.
> Finally, I should remark that things like how it's highlighted and which
> styles are used, can always be changed, so if you have any comments
> about that, please voice those as well :)
> With regards,
> Daniel.
> For additional commands, e-mail:
Just a question : is there a way to automate the update process of
add/replace <highlight> tags in xml files ?
(something like replacing all <example> tags by <highlight> tags)
But all <example> tags are not replaced, when there's a title,
<highlight> tag is added . . .

I'm just beginning updating trunk branch, and I don't know when I'll be
finished !

So, if we must make again the same work for 2.4 branch, I don't know if
I'll reach the end during my current life.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message