httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Daniel Gruno <rum...@cord.dk>
Subject Syntax Highlighting, part 2
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 16:20:28 GMT
Hello docs@,

I have read the responses from people on both the mailing list, off it,
and via other channels, as well as made a small non-scientific survey
among the users@ people that showed a big approval (93%) of adding
highlighting to the documentation, and it makes me quite happy that
people are enthusiastic about this project and the proposed changes.

I would therefor like to propose, that we apply these changes to the 2.4
branch as well, so the community can benefit from this highlighting when
visiting /current/. It is my belief that it would ease the process of
reading example configurations and source code, enabling users to
quickly get the information they need, without having to "mentally
highlight" it themselves.

As we have a certain saying about our mailing lists, I would ask that
people that are both for and against this speak up on this list, so we
can see if there is a general consensus for backporting these changes.

Finally, I should remark that things like how it's highlighted and which
styles are used, can always be changed, so if you have any comments
about that, please voice those as well :)

With regards,
Daniel.