httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Comments in docs
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 16:08:51 GMT

On 3 May 2012, at 14:54, Rich Bowen wrote:

> I've long been a fan of the PHP documentation - specifically, the way that they solicit
commentary from readers, and then fold that commentary into the docs. Not only did it encourage
me to comment on the docs, it also got me involved in the PHP documentation project, at least
marginally. The barrier to entry is so low that all you have to do is be a writer.

I introduced a comment mechanism at apachetutor, only to find a predominance of spam over
anything worth having (a very occasional worthwhile comment or question that provoked me
to update something).  There's also an annoying-spam issue on our httpd wiki.

How does PHP documentation deal with the problem of spam?

--
Nick Kew