httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Httpd Wiki] Update of "PrivacyPolicy" by DanielGruno
Date Sun, 20 May 2012 10:47:38 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The "PrivacyPolicy" page has been changed by DanielGruno:
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/PrivacyPolicy?action=diff&rev1=2&rev2=3

- = Draft for a Privacy Policy for the Apache HTTPD Documentation site =
+ = Draft for a Privacy Policy for the Apache HTTP Server Documentation site =
  == Introduction ==
  When you visit the Apache HTTP Server Documentation website, data about your visit is collected
using a tracking cookie.  The purpose of this data collection is to better understand the
needs of our users and improve the user friendliness of the website.

@@ -16, +16 @@

  == Technology and usage ==
  The information is gathered using a tracking cookie set by the Google Analytics service
and handled by Google as described in their [[http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/|privacy
policy]]. If you do not wish for your data to be collected, you can disable JavaScript for
visits to our website. See your browser's documentation on how to achieve this.

- We use the gathered information to help us make our site more useful to visitors and to
better understand how and when our site is used.  We do not track or collect personally identifiable
information or associate gathered data with any personally identifying information from other
sources, nor do we share this data with other companies, affiliates or partners. Statistical
summaries based on the data collected may be used for publications by the Apache HTTP Project
or the ASF.
+ We use the gathered information to help us make our site more useful to visitors and to
better understand how and when our site is used.  We do not track or collect personally identifiable
information or associate gathered data with any personally identifying information from other
sources, nor do we share this data with other companies, affiliates or partners. Statistical
summaries based on the data collected may be used for publications by the Apache HTTP Project
or the Apache Software Foundation.
+
+ == Additional tracking by third parties ==
+ The  Apache HTTP Server project makes use of additional third party tools, such as the
Disqus commentary system, which itself may apply visitor tracking for  internal purposes.
For additional information about this tracking,  please refer to the [[http://docs.disqus.com/help/30/|Disqus
Privacy Policy]].

  == Consent ==
  By using this website, you consent to the collection of this data in the manner and for
the purpose described above.