httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Httpd Wiki] Update of "PrivacyPolicy" by DanielGruno
Date Fri, 18 May 2012 19:25:51 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The "PrivacyPolicy" page has been changed by DanielGruno:
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/PrivacyPolicy?action=diff&rev1=1&rev2=2

Comment:
Changing the wording a bit

  = Draft for a Privacy Policy for the Apache HTTPD Documentation site =
-
  == Introduction ==
+ When you visit the Apache HTTP Server Documentation website, data about your visit is collected
using a tracking cookie.  The purpose of this data collection is to better understand the
needs of our users and improve the user friendliness of the website.
- When you visit the Apache HTTP Server Documentation website, data about your visit is collected
using a tracking cookie.
- The purpose of this data collection is to improve our website and to better understand the
needs of our users and improve our user friendliness.
-

  == Collection of data ==
  The following data is collected when you visit the site:
@@ -16, +13 @@

   * The pages you visit
   * Any referal (such as Google or a link on another page) that lead you to our site

-
  == Technology and usage ==
  The information is gathered using a tracking cookie set by the Google Analytics service
and handled by Google as described in their [[http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/|privacy
policy]]. If you do not wish for your data to be collected, you can disable JavaScript for
visits to our website. See your browser's documentation on how to achieve this.

+ We use the gathered information to help us make our site more useful to visitors and to
better understand how and when our site is used.  We do not track or collect personally identifiable
information or associate gathered data with any personally identifying information from other
sources, nor do we share this data with other companies, affiliates or partners. Statistical
summaries based on the data collected may be used for publications by the Apache HTTP Project
or the ASF.
- We use the gathered information to help us make our site more useful to visitors and to
better understand how and when our site is used.
- We do not track or collect personally identifiable information or associate gathered data
with any personally identifying information from other sources, nor do we share this data
with other companies, affiliates or partners.
- Statistical summaries based on the data collected may be used for publications by the Apache
HTTP Project or the ASF.

  == Consent ==
  By using this website, you consent to the collection of this data in the manner and for
the purpose described above.