httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Httpd Wiki] Update of "DocsCommentSystem" by RainerJung
Date Sat, 05 May 2012 18:53:33 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The "DocsCommentSystem" page has been changed by RainerJung:
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/DocsCommentSystem?action=diff&rev1=2&rev2=3

Comment:
Add question about comment export.

- = Documentation commentary system =
+ Documentation commentary system
+
  This document describes the proposed changes to the Apache HTTP Server documentation, in
which a commentary system will be added, thus enabling people to comment on (almost) every
page in the documentation.

  == Why? ==
@@ -31, +32 @@

  === Comments in offline documents ===
  For security reasons, user friendliness and other browser quirkiness issues, the comments
will not be available for viewing when viewing the documentation from any other place than
httpd.a.o.

+ === Comment Exports ===
+ Discus supports an XML export of comments. We need to decide whether we want to do exports
and if so, where to store the data. Primary reason for regular exports could be to save the
content in case that the discus service is stopped.
+