httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: Comments in docs
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 10:09:02 GMT
On Friday 04 May 2012 11:48:01 Daniel Gruno wrote:
> On 04-05-2012 11:39, André Malo wrote:
> >> Yes, I added a test for "$is-chm or $is-zip or $metafile/basename =
> >> 'index'" so it would only add the comments for our online version and
> >> only for non-index pages. And if I managed to screw that up, I'm hoping
> >> you'll lend a hand at fixing it :)
> >
> > ;-)
> >
> > That's not enough, unfortuantely. The production documentation is
> > currently shipped as-online; as part of the httpd tree. We need a
> > separate tree for that (then extending for different online versions as
> > Igor suggests, will be easy, I guess).
> >
> > I'll give it a thought.
> >
> > nd

> On a separate note, to the best of my knowledge, even if the comment
> section is visible in what we ship, the comments will not work when you
> view it as an offline document or on any other server than httpd.a.o, it
> will simply show "can't view comments, bla bla" in a small box at the
> bottom.

Still an external reference. -> notgood.

> Another solution would be to simply extend the javascript to simply not
> try to render the comments unless window.location.href contains
> httpd.apache.org. Thus, the "Comments" link will still be on the pages
> in the quickview, but it won't show anything. Or it could possibly just
> say "Comments disabled for offline viewing" or some such.

that's better. But I still think, it's best to strip them. For practical
reasons it might be best here to build the shipped tree on releases anyway
(but xform mistakes [1] may get lost then).

> I will roll out the Disqus example on a single section at first, before
> I commit the XSL changes and we have to rebuild 671 files and what not,
> and as per Rich's suggestion, that section will be the rewrite guides in
> trunk (I too have to see whether this actually works within the
> httpd.a.o namespace before I can do any further work).

var lang = 'en';

needs to go below the script intro comment (which should be on the same line
as <script>), even better into the function. You can just close the CDATA,
add the language and open up a new one.

nd

[1] From time to time it happens for whatever reasons, that pages break (say,
the Korean files are not transformed correctly because the java installation
is missing stuff). Recently some files were just empty (checked in).