httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: Proposal to move docs to Apache CMS
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 13:54:45 GMT
On Thursday 03 May 2012 15:38:32 Rich Bowen wrote:
> On May 3, 2012, at 3:20 AM, André Malo wrote:
> > Yes. Answering those questions above would be a big help. Beside the
> > technical answers we should also point the people to the mailing list to
> > ask their questions.
> > However, I'm also inclined to say, that if we're not able to use our own
> > self-documentation properly, we're doing something very wrong. And it's
> > not very much. Just a few pages. No offense to anyone, but I'm pretty
> > frustrated by the "I would contribute, but I don't bother to get some
> > community context" attitude floating around.
>
> Oh, I don't know about that. I think that we should indeed lower the bar to
> contributing to the docs. I don't think it should be a requirement to learn
> about XML, XSLT, SVN, or Ant in order to say "wouldn't that sentence flow
> better if you said ..."  Besides which, the "community context" should be
> one of welcoming, not one of "go read the documentation for our
> documentation before you can tell us we misspelled peony."

Maybe we have a misunderstanding here. That's what I said. It's all not
necessary to know. But nobody bothers to find out. I don't see anybody
asking!
And if I explain these things, nobody cares apparently. From my POV, it seems
to be the same. Whatever we provide, there's always someone who doesn't like
it.

nd