httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Tony Stevenson <pct...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal to move docs to Apache CMS
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 21:46:38 GMT
André Malo wrote on Wed, May 02, 2012 at 11:40:22PM +0200:

> OTOH, remembering where the CMS is and how it works, would actually be a
> hassle for *me* (and I'd guess, various developers trying to write
> documentation while writing code, too [which should be encouraged!]).

Actually, no. You browse to the page you want to edit, then in your bookmarks you have a little
bookmarklet "javascript:void(location.href='https://cms.apache.org/redirect?uri='+escape(location.href))"
that essentially take you through to a location with a WYSIWYG editor, you commit your change
and i goes into staging (after being built), you can then review your change(s) at httpd.staging.a.o/path/to/docs
 if it looks clean, you hit publish.  End of.

--

Cheers,
Tony

Tony Stevenson