httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Igor Galić <>
Subject Docs Frontpage
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 16:06:24 GMT

Hey folks,

I'm pulling this specific subject out, because I think the
way we represent ourselves to newcomers is important.

As I mentioned in my last mail, this:

is terribly uninviting for several reasons.

The separation in several sub-sections is a good thing,
but the presentation in alphabetical order is bad.

The middle section especially should be ordered in a
way which follows a a certain progress.

"Other Topics" is almost completely useless, in
particular "Other Notes", which duplicates a couple
of links, we no fresh content other than a warning
that the linked content may be outdated.

I'd maybe go as far as replacing the license link with

Anyway, I'd like to discuss (or maybe just decide ;)
how we can represent the existing content better.
I'm not trying to force out any howto, intro or other
stuff which some of our users might want..

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: