httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Syntax Highlighting
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2012 13:10:43 GMT

On Apr 25, 2012, at 8:50 AM, Mads Toftum wrote:

> there's a very fine line between config
> highlighting and looking like a neon sign.

Yes. This I agree with, and it's why I always cart my .vimrc around with me, because I find
many of the default themes to be eye-bleeding-inducing.

Syntax highlighting contributes to understanding, when it's done well, and contributes to
overlooking important, but poorly color-coded, parts of the text when it's not done well.

We should tweak the CSS until we arrive at something that is the former - pointing out the
different "parts of speech", but not in such a way that it's jarring.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com :: @rbowen