httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Igor Galić <i.ga...@brainsware.org>
Subject Re: Retiring translations
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 23:14:53 GMT

----- Original Message -----
> On 28-03-2012 19:44, André Malo wrote:
> > * Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> >> I'd prefer that we add CSS with an age-based discoloration of the
> >> page
> >> and associated watermark, but I have no time to find the right
> >> CSS.
> > I like that.
> >
> > First step is anyhow to integrate an age check into metafile.pl or
> > something. then we can do anything useful with it (if we decide to
> > retire,
> > we can also just don't generate the html anymore, for example).
> >
> > Gimme a few days, it shouldn't be that hard to do the metafile
> > stuff. If no
> > one beats me... ;)
> >
> > nd
> +1
> It seems like a viable solution indeed.
> If we were to adopt this idea, the question would then become: How
> should we "age" and watermark these pages?
> I made two examples of how watermarks could be put in place, at
> http://www.humbedooh.com/outdated/mpm_common.html and
> http://www.humbedooh.com/outdated/mpm_common2.html respectively, but

That looks.. harsh.. ;)

Anyway, I remember last time I looked into translating new directives
for the German documentation that.. translation is *hard*
For me, anyway.

But I must admit I'm with kess and nd here: Even if outdated, they
aren't completely useless. We should find a way to validate context
and defaults - and link missing directives in the English docs.

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic@brainsware.org