httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Daniel Gruno <rum...@cord.dk>
Subject Re: Docs Frontpage
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2012 15:43:30 GMT
On 10-04-2012 18:06, Igor Galić wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I'm pulling this specific subject out, because I think the
> way we represent ourselves to newcomers is important.
>
> As I mentioned in my last mail, this:
>
>   http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/
>
> is terribly uninviting for several reasons.
>
> The separation in several sub-sections is a good thing,
> but the presentation in alphabetical order is bad.

I concur that the front page can be quite difficult to maneuver at
times, and I too would like to see it shaped differently.
I've quite often found that I simply couldn't find what I was looking
for, because my own mental point of entry was more along the lines of
"I'm a developer, where do I start?", which is hidden away in the
"other" section.

I would like for the front page to be, as suggested, more split into
what the exact purpose of the user's visit is, but I have no idea
what-so-ever as to how exactly we would proceed - I suspect we should
make some examples and see what people think about them?

With regards,
Daniel.