httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Igor Galić <i.ga...@brainsware.org>
Subject Syntax Highlighting
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 12:49:46 GMT

Hey folks,

for all those who haven't seen them yet, Daniel has started
working on developer documentation:

  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/developer/modguide.html

this also contains syntax highlighting.
I'm a sucker for syntax highlighting, mostly because I couldn't
survive without.

If you've looked at the source code however...

  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/developer/modguide.xml

you'll notice that the current solution is sub-optimal.
There are a lot of syntax-highlighters. enscript being the
first to come to my mind.

Does someone who know our docs-build system well enough
to modify it so to automagickally highlight <example>
sections? If not, maybe we could organize a session (on
IRC) to do some reverse-engineering.

In any case, we should document the process or the outcome,
so those coming after us won't be put before the exact same
problems.

So long,

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883